Monday, January 16, 2012

Growing in Love

Hello 2012. I know it's got great thing in store for us. Luci is about to turn 6 and *gasp* finish her kindergarten year. Lorelai is two and is sharpening her communication skills. Both are at the top of their height for their age...going to be Amazons, I'm sure. Adam's praise band (Yahweh's) has a CD out and are staying busy enough for me. I'm still teaching away. The house is (still) up for sale (know anyone looking for a 3BD/2bath??). We have plans to build in Saltillo near my parents.

One of the things that will change is our family size. :) We are Paper Pregnant!! We are on the final steps of gaining our adoption license from Harden House adoption agency in Tupelo. Harden House, like DHS, will expand our family through the foster care system. We highly recommend expanding your family through these agencies. More to come on them for those who want to learn more about this process.

We've finished our classes, filled out the big packet of paperwork, been finger printed, background searched and TB tested (we're all clear ladies and gentlemen. I know, real nail-biter). We have our home study tomorrow. I'm both excited and nervous. Not much left to go after that. They've got some reference calls to make. I guess they'll do a walk through on our house like before. I imagine we'll have our license in just a short time. Four years ago, we got our license on May 21, 2008 (our three year anniversary) and Luci was in our home June 4th. Would have been a few days earlier but I still had to work a few days and we didn't have child care set up then.

I'm anxious to know how many and what ages God will send our way. What race? What will their little faces look like? How are we going to get all the things we need for them (I know, God will provide). I'm a planner so not knowing things and being able to plan out the trip, pack list, bedrooms...wow! Talk about handing it over! I do know that they will be loved. They will have parents who will guide their path, sisters who will love and play with them and a church family who will love them as their own. Grandparents, uncles and aunts who will not stop spoiling them. And a God who will love them more than our hearts could ever imagine.

So we step forward in our call from God and trust in His grace and sovereignty. We ask for your prays in so many ways. Tonight I ask for prays for those sweet little hearts. That God is protecting them and guarding their memory so that the scars will not last and they will be ready to hear His word.

James 1:27

New Living Translation (NLT)
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. 
 
Good Night Dear Friends!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment